Friday, September 9, 2011

Carmel Glazed Apple Cake

I don't like cooked apples at all. My neighbor made this and it was so good. I don't know what it was about this, but I could eat the apples in the cake. My husband really doesn't like cooked apples either and this is his new favorite desert. I didn't use my neighbors recipe this one came from a Costco cook book. We really like it. Don't mix in a mixer this is a recipe that you need to mix by hand. With the apples I used 2 bags of already cut apples so I am not sure how many I really used. The recipe calls for 5 cut up apples, but I think that is too many. I put on there 2 to 3 apples. You can try it anyway you want.

1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c oil
3 eggs
3 c. white flour
1 tsp. soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
2 apples cut into small pieces
1 1/4 pecans
2 tsp. vanilla

Make sure that you don't over mix the ingredients. Pour into a pan. I used a bunt pan and cook it on 350 for 1 hour.

Glaze:
4 tbs butter
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 c. heavy cream

Mix together in a pot on the stove and drizzle on top of the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment